Fire TV is known in the market for its incredible quality and streaming experience. Connect the TV to the device through an HDMI port so you can stream content available on channels such as Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, Sling TV and much more. Therefore, Fire TV helps to change a common TV to a smart TV. Repair Fire TV Remote does not work
A complete solution for Fire TV Remote does not work Problem
But Fire TV stands out from the rest of the streaming device available in the market. It gives you access to some of the most amazing content you can watch on streaming channels along with amazing features like Alexa voice control and more. The remote control as one of the most important accessories of Fire TV can act very strangely many times. It is quite common to experience the problem that the Fire TV remote control does not work. But don’t panic as this is a temporary problem and can be solved by following some solutions.
Everything you need to know about Fire TV Remote does not work
If you have a problem with the Fire TV remote control, do not worry, as it can be quickly solved by following the basic troubleshooting solutions.
But if you need an immediate response, you can also contact the Fire TV support team to solve the problem in a short time.
How to solve the problem of Fire TV that does not work?
Many reasons can cause Fire TV not to work properly. However, you should understand that it is also very important to solve the problem immediately if you want the remote control to work properly.
Check the batteries of the Fire TV remote control
One of the most obvious reasons why you are experiencing a problem that the Fire TV remote control does not work maybe because of dead batteries. Since the Fire TV remote works with Bluetooth, it uses more battery and as the battery begins to run out, the signals begin to weaken. Then, if the batteries are the reason why the Fire TV remote control does not work, follow the steps.
- Remove the batteries from the Fire TV remote.
- Notice the way the batteries were inserted into the remote control. Then, be sure to insert them correctly in the same way.
- Reinsert the batteries. If the Fire TV remote still shows a problem, try using new batteries and check if the problem is fixed.
- If the problem is still not solved, then the battery is probably not the problem but something else.
Pair the Fire TV remote again
When you get the Fire TV, to use the remote control, you must pair it. Also, if the problem arises that the Fire TV remote control does not work, you can try to repair the Fire TV remote control. Repairing Fire TV can help solve the problem.
- Plug in the Fire TV and then turn it on.
- Let Fire TV restart and wait a moment.
- Place the Fire TV remote control near the device.
- Press and hold the Start button on the Fire TV remote control for a few seconds.
- Release the button and wait.
- Now, check if the problem The Fire TV remote control problem does not work is solved or not. Sometimes you may have to perform the same steps a couple of times to solve the problem.
Distance and Obstacle in Fire TV Remote not Working
The Fire TV remote control uses Bluetooth to control the device, so you don’t have to point directly to the TV while using the Fire TV remote control. However, what you need to know is that, in general, Bluetooth devices have a range of 30 feet beyond which they cannot work. In addition, distance or any type of obstacle can prevent the Fire TV remote control from working properly. So, this is how you can solve this problem.
- Try bringing the Fire TV remote control closer to the device.
- If there are obstructions or obstacles between the remote control and the Fire TV that may cause a problem, you should get rid of it.
- If the Fire TV remote control does not work when you move away but not when the remote control is closer, then you can use an extension to change the position.
- If the Fire TV was placed in an enclosed space, you can try to take it out and check if that helps solve the problem with the remote control.
Interference with the Fire TV remote
Although Bluetooth remote controls offer a wide range of benefits over infrared remote controls. Some interference may reduce the Bluetooth signal and, as a result, a problem may occur with the Fire TV remote control that does not work. Interference may occur due to other devices such as the microwave, Bluetooth speakers, wireless speakers, cordless phones are some examples that can interfere with the Bluetooth signal and cause problems with the Fire TV remote control. Simply turn off these devices so that the Fire TV remote control can work properly.
Check the compatibility of the remote control with Fire TV
If you are not using a remote control that comes with Fire TV, but a third-party remote control or a replacement remote control. Then, the first thing you should do is verify the compatibility of the remote control with Fire TV.
If you cannot pair the remote control with the Fire TV, it may cause compatibility problems. If this is the problem, you can also use the Fire TV remote application. If you do not want to buy a replacement remote control, the best option to consider is to install the remote application for Fire TV on your Android or iOS device.
Fire TV Remote does NOT respond / synchronize / connect: RESOLVED
Guide: why Fire TV Remote does not work
The Fire TV remote control does not work: this guide will tell you an easy way if your Fire TV remote control does not work. Your TV remote control has been disconnected and has now completely shut down. It is due to depleted batteries.
The Fire TV remote control does not work Generally, the Fire TV remote control consumes the batteries quite quickly, so you need new batteries frequently. The best solution is by using new batteries for this remote control.
Fire Stick TV remote control does not work or pair
- Checking if your remote control is connected to the Fire TV or not
- To see if your fire tv remote control is connected to the fire box or dongle, all you need to do is: the fire tv remote control does not work
- Go to settings> drivers and Bluetooth devices
- Fire TV Stick Remote does not work | Amazon Fire TV remote controls
The Fire TV Stick remote control does not work This will show you which devices are currently paired and from here you can see if your remote control is connecting.
The solution for your Fire TV Remote does not work
You can use a screwdriver and gently scrape the remote control connectors on each end of the remote control. You must clean the residue with a dry cloth.
The connector will look bright and new again after this process. You can then replace the batteries and the remote control will reconnect immediately.
I have not had problems with the remote control since then and I guess the moral of the story is that sometimes you get what you pay for … this time there are leaking batteries.