Apple TV is a very capable streamer that has mended better over time. With the addition of the Siri remote, apps and a TV guide still, the Apple TV is not impervious to problems. There are a handful of common issues with the box. Fortunately, most of those problems are easily solved.
Apple TV remote has following features
- Dual microphones
- Glass touch surface for navigating the TV OS interface by swiping, tapping the switch to fast forward /rewind content.
- Menu button
- Home button with a TV icon on it
- A Siri button
- Play and volume up/ down button.
- White ring around the menu button making it easier to identify the correct orientation of the remote by both touch and feel.
However, the buttons and operation of the remote remained unchanged and in revised remote ,new units of the fourth generation Apple TV is also included .
Why Apple TV remote not working?
Possible reasons why apple TV remote is not working:
- Physical damage
- Battery issues
- Pairing issues
- Issue with the infrared sensor on the remote or TV.
- Charge issue etc.
How to fix Apple TV remote not working?
- Go to settings then remote and devices then check tower surface tracking.
- Reset the remote and Apple TV connection.
- Re- pair your remote with your Apple TV.
- Change it up apple remote
- Replace the batteries
- Charge it for 30 minutes using a Lightning to USB cable and a USB wall charger.
- Unplug your Apple TV from the wall power outlet. Wait at least six seconds, then plug it back in.
- Press Menu or Apple TV App/Home on your remote to check if your Apple TV is asleep.
- If your remote isn’t scrolling as expected, you might have turned Accessibility features on. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility and check your settings.
- If you have an Apple Remote (aluminum or white), try it instead of your Siri Remote. Or, if you already set up your Apple TV, you can use the Apple TV Remote in Control Center for iOS or iPad OS to control your Apple TV.
If you still need help, contact Apple Support.