The AT&T prepaid service, formerly called GoPhone, provides access to the AT&T network at lower prices. Customers can choose between monthly prepaid or prepaid plans. Monthly plans are entitled to automatic and multi-line payment discounts.
This is definitely one of the cheapest methods to get unlimited data, but it is not exactly a good deal. If you are using that amount of data, you are probably loading many websites on the fly, and the limitations of this plan will only delay it. (AT&T launched a later paid version of this plan a couple of weeks ago, which presents most of the same limitations and more confusing prices.)
Along with the unlimited plan, AT&T is also increasing its GoPhone level of $ 40 per month to include 6 GB of high-speed data, rather than just 4 GB. As before, the speeds were reduced to 128 Kbps mostly unusable after that.
AT&T Prepaid Plans Steps
- Calls and text messages (no data): $ 30; $ 25 with automatic payment discount
- 1GB: $ 35; $ 30 with automatic payment discount
- 8GB: $ 50; $ 40 with automatic payment discount
- Unlimited data: $ 65; $ 50 with automatic payment discount
- Unlimited Plus: $ 85; $ 70 with automatic payment discount
- Unlimited Plus includes 10 GB of high-speed mobile hot spot access and the option to stream video in high definition.
Multi-line discount: you will have up to 5 lines in an account, and each additional line will receive a discount. You get $ 10 off the second and third line and $ 20 off the fourth and fifth lines. This discount is only available in monthly plans.
AT&T PREPAID unlimited monthly plans
You can stream high definition video, up to 1080p, with the AT&T PREPAID Unlimited Plus plan. Turn off Stream Saver to stream video in HD quality, when available.
The unlimited monthly AT&T PREPAID plan allows upload and download speeds of up to 3Mbps. They can reduce the speed of the data after 22 GB of use. Video content will be transmitted at 1.5Mbps (standard definition quality, approximately 480p) .1
Using your plan internationally
When traveling to Mexico or Canada with a compatible phone or tablet, you can make calls, use data and send SMS and MMS text messages to more than 100 countries at no additional charge on an unlimited monthly AT&T PREPAID plan.
Attention: you can only connect your device in the USA. UU. In your AT&T PREPAID Unlimited Plus plan.
Understand the reduced speeds
After 22 GB of data usage, we can reduce the speed of the data during periods of network congestion for the rest of its 30-day period. For more information about our network administration policies, visit att.com/broadband info.
These are the benefits of AT&T PREPAID plans and features
Unlimited AT&T PREPAID plans provide unlimited calls, text messages and data. They also provide:
- Unlimited calls and text messages in the US UU.
- Unlimited text from the US UU. To more than 100 countries
- Eligibility for multi-line discounts
- Discount when you sign up for Auto Pay
conversation options, text messages and information for Mexico and Canada, see
the AT&T PREPAID International plans and functions.
- AT&T can reduce the speed of data when the network is congested. Video streaming ltd. at 1.5 Mbps (SD quality). Add speed, use and other breaks apply.
- Multi-line discount: you must sign up for a multi-line account. The account holder is responsible for paying the monthly plan charges for all lines. Additional terms and restrictions apply.
- Automatic payment discount of $ 5 per month per line in monthly plans of less than $ 50; $ 10 per month per line in a monthly plan of $ 50;
How much will be charged per month?
- The monthly payment of the plan client includes the amount of your monthly plan plus recurring supplements and applicable taxes and charges, less any existing balance and applicable discounts.
- Non-monthly customers pay $ 25 and applicable taxes and fees.
- The payment of multi-line account owners includes the amount of each monthly plan in the multi-line account plus recurring supplements on the owner’s line and applicable taxes and charges, less any existing balance and applicable discounts.
- Payment for multi-line members includes recurring add-ons and applicable taxes and charges, less any existing balance.
AT&T prepaid phone
You can also pick up a prepaid phone directly from AT&T, but you will always have more options when you bring your own unlocked device. That is why I have gathered the best phones that you can buy directly to use unlocked in the operator.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge
- LG G5
- Nexus 6P
- HTC 10
- LG Nexus 5X
- iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
AT&T prepaid SIM card
Buy a Go Phone SIM card and enjoy the benefits of a prepaid cell phone on the 4G LTE network of AT&T. Save on the price of a new phone with a GoPhone SIM card.
Free AT&T SIM card
You can also go to the AT&T website (Google’s “free AT&T SIM card”) and request a free SIM card, with free shipping. You just have to wait. In the store, it’s still $ 5.
The monthly AT&T PREPAID plans have no annual contract or credit check. Enjoy the freedom of unlimited calls and text messages from $ 30 per month and unlimited data1 in the monthly Plan of $ 85 or $ 65.
AT&T prepaid activation
- Insert the SIM card
- Go to Device Support.
- Select, confirm or change your device.
- Select View all solutions> Insert SIM card.
Quick start guide for the SIM card
- First, touch the phone.
- Enter the Activation Code of the Quick Start Guide and the Postal Code where you will use your service the most, then touch the Call icon.
- You will receive a notification message along with your new phone number and instructions to turn off your phone for 10 minutes to complete the activation.
- After 10 minutes, you can turn on the phone and add money to your account.
Note: You must add money within 26 days after activation; otherwise, your account will be canceled and you will lose your phone number.
New phone or SIM card activation
If after inserting the new SIM card you cannot make a call or browse the Web, you must activate your new phone or SIM card online.
- Go to att.com/getstartedbiz.
- Select Activate your device for the AT&T wireless device.
- Enter the required information.
- Select Continue.
- Follow the prompts to complete your activation.
Unable to activate online
If you cannot complete the activation online, you can:
- Contact them.
- Visit an AT&T store.