BT Mail IMAP Settings
The optional free email service that comes with BT Broadband is known as BT mail. It is a secure web-based application that can be integrated with other services such as Calendar and Contacts. It can also be operated with other email accounts and all your email can be managed from one place. You can use it from any Internet connection and from anywhere in the world, from any different device or computer because it is a web-based email service. IMAP is used to retrieve email from other sources. Now we will discuss BT Mail IMAP setup.
Now, the following are the steps for configuring BT Mail IMAP:
- On your Apple iPhone
- At first, click the “Settings” icon on your Apple device.
- And then select the options “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” and click “Add account”.
- After that, select “other”> click “Add an email account”. Now fill in your details, such as BT email ID, password and tap “Next”.
- Your Apple device will direct you to the “Settings” page to confirm that your BT account has been set up.
- Finally, click the “Mail” application on the home screen to check your emails.
- On your Android device
- At first, click the “Mail” / “Email” icon on the menu page.
- Now click “Other (IMAP)” and enter your BT email ID and password in the box.
- Then click “Next” and enter the account name.
- Finally, click “Finish setup”.
Set up your BT account with your email program with IMAP
To access your BT email program from your desktop, you will need to configure IMAP settings as follows:
- Set up the BT IMAP mail server at mail.bitinternet.com
- Set IMAP port to 993
- Set IMAP security to SSL / TLS
- Set your full email address as your IMAP username
- Set your bitinternet.com password as your IMAP password
BT Mail SMTP Settings
SMTP is the short form of Short for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, a protocol for sending email messages between servers. SMTP is normally used to send the email message and POP / IMAP is used to retrieve the email message. SMTP helps mainly in the transmission of mail through the protocol. Now let’s talk about SMTP settings for BT mail.
These are the SMTP settings for BT mail:
- Configure the BT mail SMTP server at mail.bitinternet.com
- Set the SMTP port to 465 or 587
- Set IMAP security to STARTTLS
- Set your full email address as your SMTP username
- Set your bitinternet.com password as your SMTP password
The previous steps are IMAP settings for BT mail and SMTP settings for BT mail. If you have any questions or confusion, you can comment on our link. For more information, please contact your email service provider.