Yahoo Mail is one of the most successful email service providers that has more than 225 million active email accounts. And just like any other email account: Yahoo also requires a user ID and password to log in to use its email service. Yahoo offers its users various services, such as Yahoo search, Yahoo mail, Yahoo news, Yahoo responses, Yahoo finance and much more.
Some of these services do not require you to have an email address, while to use other services you must have a valid email address. Even those services that do not require you to have a valid email address offer personalized services if you have a Yahoo email address.
Sometimes, you may not be able to log in to log in to your Yahoo account. This problem can be quite frustrating. This problem may arise if you forgot your Yahoo password or if your Yahoo account is hacked. To solve this problem, Yahoo offers its users the option of recovering their Yahoo account.
There are two methods in which a Yahoo user can reset his Yahoo password. These are:
- Reset the Yahoo password with an alternate email address.
- Reset the Yahoo email password with the recovery phone number.
Both methods can reset Yahoo password without security questions.
Steps to reset Yahoo password with an alternate email address:
It is quite easy to reset your Yahoo password with an alternate email address. For this, simply review the options mentioned below:
- Open the Yahoo mail login auxiliary page.
- Complete with the Yahoo email address, Yahoo recovery email address or Yahoo account recovery phone number.
- Complete the CAPTCHA code and then a new page will appear.
- A part of your alternate email address is displayed. And then click on the button that shows “Yes, send me an account key”.
- You will receive an email at your alternate email address that contains a Yahoo email account security key. Enter this code in the text box that appears.
- You will now be redirected to a new page where you must enter the password twice in the text box that appears.
- Finally, click on the “Continue” button to change your password.
- This password must be updated on all devices, platforms, software and applications that you use.
Steps to reset Yahoo password with recovery phone number:
To reset your Yahoo password with a recovery phone number, you must follow some of the simplest steps. Simply perform the action mentioned below to achieve the desired results:
- Visit the auxiliary Yahoo login page in your web browser.
- Enter the Yahoo email address, alternate email address or recovery phone number.
- Enter the CAPTCHA code.
- A new page appears asking you to enter the missing digits of your phone number.
- After doing it successfully, you will be redirected to a new page where you must click on the “Yes, send me a text message with an account key” button.
- You will receive a Yahoo account security key via SMS on your recovery phone number.
- Now enter the password twice in the text box that appears. Click the Continue button to save the password.
How to change your Yahoo email password
The fastest method to change your Yahoo Mail password is to open this link, log in if requested and then write skip to Step 5 below.
Although, if you prefer to use the menus, do the following:
- Open Yahoo Mail and log in if prompted.
- If you are using the latest version of Yahoo Mail, click on your name at the top of the page and go to Account Information. For Yahoo Mail Basic users, use the menu next to their name at the top of the page to select Account Information and then select Go.
- On the left side of the personal information page, that’s it, go to Account Security.
- Select the Change password link on the right, in the How to log in section.
- Enter a new strong password in the text boxes. You must do it twice to confirm that you have written it correctly. Click Show password if you want to verify that it is the correct password you want to use.
- Choose the Continue button.
- If you see a page that talks about an email and a recovery phone number, you can complete it or skip it for now with the link I will secure my account later.
- You should now go to the account security page. Click Mail in the upper right corner of that page to return to your emails.
There are many reasons to want to change your Yahoo Mail password, but the most common is if you suspect that your password has been compromised and that someone else has access to your Yahoo Mail account.
- However, it may be too difficult to remember and you are constantly checking your password manager.
- Another common reason to change a Yahoo password is if it is not secure enough. Or maybe you are here because you simply hate to type the same password over and over again!
- Regardless of the reason you need to update your Yahoo Mail password, it is a good idea to do so. Changing your password from time to time will make it difficult for someone to access your account because the same password is not used for an extended period.
Resetting the Yahoo Mail password can be very difficult if you don’t know how to reset your password. Fortunately, I have shared the most decent method by which you can recover your Yahoo email password in no time. How does the Yahoo fast mail repair tool work?
You must remember the recovery email to reset your current email account password. In addition, it is recommended that you change your password to an appropriate one as soon as you can access your Yahoo mail account.