Outlook error 0x800CCC0E is one of the most probable errors of email communication. It’s quite common to face this issue when you are configuring an email account in outlook.
Here we will discuss all the possible reasons and the solutions for Outlook 0x800CCC0E.
Reasons behind the occurrence of Outlook error (Outlook error 0x800CCC0E)
- The main reason behind the occurrence of Outlook 0x800CCC0E is incorrect port numbers for IMAP servers or the wrong configuration of SMTP servers.
- Maybe you have incorrect Incoming, Outgoing, Username and Password settings.
- Virus prone or malicious emails can also block your messages.
- Your anti-virus, firewall settings or email spamming software can prevent you from connecting your email account.
- May be third party tools are triggering problems.
- Downloading damaged or corrupt files.
- Erroneous Add-ins.
- Server connection problem.
Steps to fix Outlook error 0x800CCC0E
- Change your Outlook server settings
- Open Outlook > File > Account > Account Settings.
- Choose your email account in the email tab and double tap on it.
- Click on the More Settings tab in the new dialogue box.
- In the Outgoing Server tab, select the checkbox “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” and tap on the OK tab.
- Restart your Outlook service and check whether your issue is resolved or not.
2. Change server port number
- Repeat the steps still More Settings in the above-noted method.
- In the Advanced tab enter the value of outgoing server (SMTP) as 587 and tap on the OK tab.
3. Delete duplicate accounts
- Your duplicate accounts may be creating conflicts, so remove them.
- In Outlook Menu, choose Tools.
- Go to Accounts > Mail tab.
- Then select the duplicate mail account in your panel and tap on Remove tab to remove these accounts.
- Once completed restart your Outlook and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
4. Re-install Outlook
- Open your Control Panel.
- Select“Microsoft Office 365” Programs and Features.
- Tap on Uninstall at the top of the page, an alert will pop-up follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once completed re-install the office.
5. Disable your Anti-virus
Maybe your installed anti-virus is triggering problems in send/receive operations of Outlook service. Therefore while accessing the outlook services disable your anti-virus.
6. Deactivate the Add-ins
It can be possible that your enabled add-ins can create problems with Outlook. Deactivate the add-ins except for the pre-built ones.
7. Repair the PST files
Probably the Outlook’s PST files can be corrupt or malicious. Thus you strictly need to rectify it with the help of inbox repair utility. If in case the corruptions in these files are massive you can try for automated solutions.
I hope the above-noted solutions work for you as a one-stop solution. But still, if you are not able to figure it out you can resolve the IMAP error – 0x800CCC0E in MS Outlook by contacting their helpline number or customer support team on various community forums.