Everyone is aware of the popularity of Outlook, most of the users are tend to use Outlook on Mac devices thus Microsoft has launched Outlook for Mac.
Now, what users can share calendars, notes, send/ receive emails on Outlook for Mac same as MS Outlook on other devices. To bring the files up to the date in OST and PST outlook perform synchronization but some users have complained about the Outlook for Mac error ‘Microsoft Sync Services has faced a problem and need to be solved timely.
However, one can take certain measures to overcome the syncing issue in Mac via outlook. Before learning about the solution you need to acknowledge why this error appears.
- Error message: Cannot Find [Path name]\OLM.DLL. This message is seen when the file is moved or removed.
- Error Message: Application failed to start as OLM.DLL is not found while syncing
- Outlook Error Code 17199
These errors do show the detail information which further makes it easy to solve it accordingly like,
- We are unable to locate the file
- Action cannot be processed while syncing
- Access denied- can’t access email messages in Outlook due to spam files or any other concern.
Make a comfort zone while using Outlook on Mac. Once you have gathered the information about the error faced by you every time you use Outlook on Mac then kindly clear the cache through the following steps,
- Check once if your computer is connected to the Exchange server.
- In the navigation bar, you need to Ctrl+click or right-click on the Exchange folder for which you want to empty the cache, and then hit Properties.
- On the General tab option, tap on Empty Cache. After the folder seems empty, Outlook automatically starts downloading the items from the Exchange server respectively.
This makes a clear vision in front of the eyes that one can face Outlook on Mac easily as worked on other devices. Therefore to fix the Outlook for Mac for the sync error, just have a glance on the beneficial points helping you to overcome this issue,
Steps to fix Outlook Sync error in Mac
Drop your worries and take a ride to fix the Outlook Sync error in Mac
- You need to disable sync service preferences
- Open the Outlook in your Mac (if it opens)
- Tap on the Preferences in the Outlook menu
- In the same menu under the other options choose Sync Services
- Un-check all the boxes you see and close the Outlook
- Restart your Outlook again and check the error is resolved or not.
However, this may disable the sync services, in case the error gets resolved. Also, it indicates that the sync error was corrupted need to be settled soon.
Steps to reset Outlook sync error
Need to quit Outlook forcefully? Look here,
- Tap on the Apple menu
- You will see a dialog box with all the active/ running applications will appear
- Choose all the applications except Finder
- Now hit on the ‘Force Quit’ button quickly
- The time you quit any application, back up all items, Outlook identities for further use.
Mac can misbehave sometimes when sometimes your Outlook keeps unnecessary emails or documents. The top-notch issue found so far is to reset Microsoft Sync Services in Outlook for Mac. Let’s offer you simple tips to get the best outcome,
- Tap on Go menu and press the OPTIONS Key to Open Library
- Move to Preferences and delete com.microsoft.Outlook. Sync Services Preferences. Plist, com. Microsoft. Outlook. Sync Services. plist, Office Sync Prefs
- Open the Application Support, then Microsoft and Office 2011
- Transfer Office Sync Prefs to the trash folder quickly
- Now you need to restart the system and open Outlook
- Move to Preferences > Other and press on Sync Services
- Now make a check mark on all the items to sync
- Close Outlook and reopen it.
An easy path to the best solution in regards with the clearing the Outlook for Mac sync services Cache
- First of all disable Sync services and close all applications
- On the Go Menu hit on Applications > Utilities and then start Activity Monitor
- Enter Sync to in Filter box
- Quit all the processes found in the list
- When the task gets accomplished, close Activity Monitor
- Move to Home and then hit on /Library/Application Support/,
- Begin to Sync Services and transfer all the files to the trash
- Restart all the applications and turn on sync services instantly.