One of the most common problems encountered by most Kindle users is “Kindle will not connect to WiFi.” However, it can be very frustrating since the Kindle simply won’t work until you connect it with Wi-Fi. If you use Kindle, then you will know that the use of Kindle depends entirely on Wi-Fi connectivity. Therefore, it is very important to solve this error; otherwise, you cannot use the Kindle.
There are several reasons that can restrict the connection of the Kindle to the wireless network. If you have the same problem and your Kindle does not connect to Wi-Fi, read this blog while we guide you to solve this problem.
Things to check: Kindle will not connect to WiFi
- Before connecting the Kindle to the Wi-Fi network or when the Kindle does not connect to WiFierror, you should check some things.
- Check if the Internet works correctly and if the signal is not weak.
- To connect the Kindle with Wi-Fi, you must ensure that airplane mode is turned off.
- Check if the password you entered is correct.
- Verify the device software with the Kindle support team. Make sure the software is updated to the latest version.
Steps to fix Kindle does not connect to the WiFi problem
Therefore, you are trying to connect the Kindle with Wi-Fi, but Kindle does not connect to WiFi. This problem can be quickly solved by following the steps mentioned below.
Restart the Kindle
- The first and easiest thing to do is restart the Kindle. A simple restart can help fix any error if Kindle does not connect to WiFi.
- Press the power button for a few seconds.
- Release the button and then turn off the device.
- Press the power button to turn on the device.
- Wait a few seconds and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Restart the router
- Another reason why Kindle does not connect to the WiFi problem is the problem in the Internet connection.
- Turn off the router and wait 2-3 minutes.
- Complement and turn on the router.
If this method does not resolve that the Kindle is not connecting to a wireless network problem, you must change the IP address setting to static. Contact the Kindle technical support team, as they can guide you step by step to solve the connectivity problem.
Kindle does not connect to WiFi: restore factory settings
Most of the time the problem related to Wi-Fi connectivity can be solved if you restore the factory default settings. It is a more technical approach to solve the problem of Kindle will not connect to WiFi.
- Go to the home screen and open the main menu.
- Now, choose the configuration option here.
- Here, you will find the factory reset option, select it. If you cannot access the factory reset option or if the device factory reset does not occur. Then you should get technical support from Kindle technology experts.
If these steps cannot solve the problem Kindle will not connect to Wi-Fi, then you should get help from the Amazon Kindle support team. However, Wi-Fi connectivity issues can arise in Kindle at any time, by getting the right support and assistance; you can solve this problem in a short time.