Are you using PS4? Your PS4 does not connect to WiFi? Then I would know how important the Internet connection is to use PlayStation 4. “PS4 does not connect to the Wi-Fi connection” is a very common problem that you may face when using PlayStation. If you are facing a similar problem, do not worry, as this problem can be easily solved by following some of the basic troubleshooting solutions. However, there is nothing more frustrating than facing the problem with the Wi-Fi network and this problem must be resolved immediately so you can use PS4.
Reasons for PS4 not to connect to a WiFi network problem
If your PS4 does not connect to WiFi, there may be several reasons behind it. However, we will discuss some of the most frequent problems.
- The wireless or internet connection is disconnected for PS4.
- The Internet connection is poor or the PlayStation 4 simply cannot connect to the wireless network.
- The connection you are trying to establish is incorrect or invalid.
- DNS configuration settings are not suitable for PS4.
- The wireless router is placed away from the PS4 and is therefore receiving faulty or interrupted Wi-Fi signals.
These are some of the problems that cause most often that can cause PS4 not to connect to the Wi-Fi problem. However, don’t worry, since these problems can be quickly solved by following the most basic troubleshooting solutions that we will cover here in this blog.
Quick solutions for PlayStation 4 that don’t connect to the Wi-Fi problem
If you are facing a PS4 problem that does not connect to Wi-Fi, follow the most basic troubleshooting solution mentioned below to solve this problem.
Restart the PS4 and the wireless router
The first thing to do is try to restart the devices. It is a very simple step and can help solve problems related to the wireless network.
So, if the PS4 has trouble connecting to the network, you must first try to restart the device and then see if this can be useful. There are chances that you can help solve problems related to the wireless network.
You can also try restarting the wireless router to solve the problem. Also, observe the indicator lights on the wireless device. If the indicator lights flash, it means that the connection is weak or poor. However, if the Wi-Fi network cannot connect, then you should get help from the team of technical experts to resolve if PS4 does not connect to WiFi.
Use the LAN cable to troubleshoot Wi-Fi connectivity
- If restarting the devices cannot solve the problem with the PS4, then there is a good chance of having a problem in the wireless network. To solve this problem, you can use the LAN cable to access the Internet.
- Using a LAN cable while using PlayStation 4 gives you better Internet speed and also minimizes delay while using the game console.
- In addition, by using an Ethernet connection, you can dramatically increase Internet speed and download speed as well. Therefore, it minimizes the PS4 that does not connect to the wi-fi problem.
- If you have a problem using the LAN cable connection or you simply cannot connect the condole to the router using the LAN cable. Then, get help from technology experts, as they can guide you step by step on how to establish a connection using the LAN cable.
Change the Settings of the Router
If the PS4 does not connect to WiFi is the problem, then there are chances that the device cannot connect to the wireless network. You can try changing the router settings to resolve this problem.
See the administration section of your modem and find the security option here.
You must modify the SSID address and then restart the wireless router. If you cannot find the SSID address, be sure to seek help from the technical support team.
You may also need to use another password to do so. Again, if you can’t do it on your own, try to get help from technology experts who can guide you with the same.
Place the PlayStation4 closer to the wireless router
Again, if you face a problem like PS4 does not connect to WiFi, then there is a good chance of having a problem in the Internet connection. Occasionally, the game console device may not be able to receive the Wi-Fi signals correctly and, as a result, the device simply will not connect to the Wi-Fi.
It is very important to verify that nothing interferes with the signals between the router and the PS4. Sometimes, walls and other physical barriers can be the reason for bad Wi-Fi signals. Also, check other wireless devices, as they can hamper the network. Therefore, make sure that nothing interferes with the network and that other wireless devices are turned off.
Reset PlayStation4 if PS4 does not connect to WiFi
If nothing seems to work for you and the PS4 does not connect to the problem of WiFi persists, then the last resort is to restart the device. But you should know that resetting the game console device will permanently erase the data, so be sure to store it somewhere else.
- Touch the home screen and then select the setting option from the menu.
- Then look for the network option in the menu.
- Select the deactivation option and then restart the device.
- The next step is to initialize the PS4. You can get help from technology experts if you cannot initialize the PS4 while it restarts.
Once you have followed the steps mentioned above, you should verify the Internet connection. If the PS4 does not connect to the WiFi problem, then you need more technical assistance. Get help from PlayStation technology experts who can guide you and inform you about Wi-Fi connectivity issues and also solve the problem.