TP-Link is known throughout the world for manufacturing some of the best network products used worldwide. They are TP-Link routers that people use widely at home and in offices. It is known that the company offers some of the most amazing quality routers on the market, which provide users with high-speed Internet access. However, many times users have to face the problem that the TP-Link router does not work. But the good news is that you can easily solve this problem by following the troubleshooting solutions that we will cover in this blog.
But if you face problems with the TP-Link router on a daily basis or if you cannot solve the problem, you should seek help from the technical support team.
How to troubleshoot TP-Link router not working Problem?
TP-Link routers can be connected through a wired or wireless network that can be used at work and also for personal use. However, sometimes users may encounter several problems, such as lack of connectivity, limited connection and many other problems. So, if you face the same problem, don’t worry and follow the troubleshooting solutions mentioned below.
Update the TP-Link router firmware
For any device to work properly, it is important to update the firmware from time to time. Ensures the proper functioning of the TP-Link router.
- Use your mobile phone or laptop and then open a web browser of your choice. Type 192.168.1.1 and then on the keyboard press the enter button.
- Now, add important details such as username and password. This will complete the router login.
- Then open the advance option and then select the system tools option.
- Then choose the firmware update and make sure you need to update any of the versions. If you need it, select it and follow the instructions to complete the firmware update.
If you have any problems or difficulties updating the firmware of the TP-Link router, it is always better to contact the technical support team for help.
TP-Link Router not working: shows orange light
If you see an orange light on your TP-Link router, it means that you have a poor connection and that the router cannot connect to the devices. You can solve this problem by following these solutions.
- See if you need any firmware update. It could be the reason why the TP-Link router does not work and shows connectivity problems.
- There may be problems related to the hardware.
- Check any technical problems in the software.
- Verify ethernet cable connections. The router and the Ethernet connection may be damaged. Remove the ethernet cables and then plug in carefully again.
TP-Link Router not working: there is no internet connection
If the TP-Link router you are using does not show an Internet connection, it means that the router cannot establish a connection. In this case, you should solve this problem immediately. You can follow these solutions to solve the TP-Link router connection problem.
Try restarting the router. Simply remove the plug from the router. Wait a moment and the complement.
Then check if the firmware is up to date or not. To verify if there is any firmware update requirement. Log in to TP-Link through the router’s login page. Here you can check for firmware updates and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
Login problems with the TP-Link router
To resolve the problem that the TP-Link router does not work, you can try logging out and then logging in again. Be sure to enter the correct login details, such as username and password. However, if you have problems logging in with the TP-Link router, you can follow the solutions mentioned below to solve this problem.
- Check if the router is connected correctly or not.
- Restart the device.
- Make sure the login details are entered correctly.
If these steps do not work, you must restart the TP-Link router. You can contact the technical support team for assistance and help.