Vizio smart TVs are affordable in price, entry-level options in the smart TV market. Most televisions also have 4K resolution with UHD and HDR capabilities.
A Vizio remote control is a remote control designed to work with Vizio TVs and electronic products. Vizio manufactures individual remote controls designed for use with the manufactured product only, or an all-in-one remote control that can be programmed for use with up to 4 different Vizio products.
Vizio Smart TV without remote control
- First, go to the Google Store or iOS App Store and download the Vizio Smart Cast application.
- Open the SmartCast application on your mobile device.
- At the bottom, touch Control. It looks like a TV with a subwoofer in front.
- Touch Devices in the upper right corner and then choose your TV from the list that appears.
- Once you have selected the TV, the control menu will open. From this screen, it works very similar to a normal remote control. You can change the entry; Turn the TV on and off, change the video mode and more.
- Swipe left to access the motion screen, which allows you to control the television as you would with the directional keypad.
How to replace the Vizio remote control
The One for All replacement remote control for Vizio TVs is the perfect replacement for your original Vizio TV remote control. You do not need to worry about compatibility, since this remote control works just like the original.
No configuration needed! Simply insert 2 AAA batteries (sold separately) and you will be ready to use on all Vizio TVs, as easy as possible! This replacement remote control supports all common Vizio functions. Alternatively, you can simply use the learning function to fully customize this remote control according to your requirements, so that no keys are lost. The Vizio TV replacement remote control is compatible with all types of Vizio TVs: LCD, LED and even plasma.
This is the best solution to replace your old or broken Vizio remote.
- Control 1 device
- Compatible with all types of Vizio TVs
- No configuration required works just like the original Vizio remote control
- Learning function to further customize the functions of the remote control
- Requires 2 AAA batteries (sold separately)
Precautions with the VIZIO remote control
Always keep these precautions on hand and you will never need to buy a replacement remote control:
- The remote control must be kept dry and away from heat sources.
- Avoid moisture.
- If the TV responds strangely to the remote control or does not respond at all, check the batteries. If the batteries are low or fatigued, replace them with new and new batteries.
- When you do not use the remote control for a long time, remove the batteries.
- If the Vizio remote control does not work, do not disassemble the batteries, do not heat them or throw them into the fire.
- Do not subject the remote control to excessive physical stress, such as hitting it or dropping it.
- Do not attempt to clean the remote control with a vaporous solvent. Wipe it with a clean, damp cloth.
Can I get a replacement remote control for my Vizio TV?
If you want to buy a replacement remote control:
- Go to VIZIO.com and open it in New window and search for “Remote”.
- If you are still within your VIZIO warranty and the remote control that comes with your TV or soundbar is defective, you can also use our Self-Service Service Request. It opens in a new window.
If you have trouble finding the same remote control that comes with your TV, always remember that VIZIO uses the same signals on your IR remote controls. Normal functions such as power, volume, channel, menu and navigation keys will be performed regardless of the VIZIO remote control you are using.
Remote Control for Vizio TV for Android
Remote Control for Vizio TV is an application that uses the built-in IR blaster of your mobile device to function as a digital remote control. The application works when placed 3 to 10 feet away from your Vizio TV. To use the tool, all you have to do is download and install the application on your mobile phone or tablet. Once done, you are ready to leave. There are no installation or configuration requirements.
Vizio Soundbar Remote Replacement
For the remote replacement, you can contact Vizio to obtain a new soundbar remote control or purchase a universal remote control at your local store. Verify that the universal remote control you purchase is relevant to your soundbar by checking the compatibility on the back of the remote control box.
You can also try other options instead of replacement:
Control the VIZIO soundbar with a different remote control
HDMI CEC control
If your soundbar has an HDMI-ARC port, you can use an HDMI cable to connect the soundbar to your TV.
When the sound bar is connected to your TV through the ARC port, you may need to adjust the CEC setting of your TV to control the external speaker. Some newer models can automatically detect that HDMI-ARC is connected and start automatically controlling the soundbar.
Time Warner remote control
Soundbar: Vizio S3821w-C0
- Set the sound bar to simply accept a Vizio TV remote control such as power and volume control. In the sound bar, press and hold the power and volume button for 5 seconds. The front LEDs should come on with the brightest center lights. If not, do it again to do so.
- In the next step, set the remote AUX button to control a Vizio TV. Press and hold AUX and OK until Aux remains on. Press the button on the TV device to inform the remote control that it is a TV. Enter code 386. Press Aux to save the setting. AUX should blink twice.
- Configure the remote control to use Aux to control the volume of the activities you want. To use when looking at the cable: press OK and CBL for 3 seconds, CBL must remain on. Press VOL + to tell the remote control that you are setting the volume control for that activity. CBL will blink. Press AUX. CBL will blink twice to confirm programming.