That said, it won’t be bad to say that many users have Samsung TV connection problems, at some point. It can be quite frustrating to deal with Wi-Fi connectivity errors on a Samsung TV, since what is the point of having a Smart TV without Wi-Fi connection.
But do not panic, in this blog we will cover the basic troubleshooting solutions you can follow to solve the Samsung TV will not connect to the WiFi error. However, if you need an immediate response, contact the technical support team for help and assistance.
Things you can do when Samsung Smart TV does not connect to Wi-Fi
The Samsung smart TV is designed to make streaming easier and more convenient for you. However, Samsung TV does not connect to Wi-Fi is a very common problem that most users have to face at some point. Although high-end smart TVs are designed to offer the best features if you have problems with smart TV, don’t panic. It is a common problem that can be solved by following the basic troubleshooting solutions.
What to do when the Samsung TV does not connect to WiFi?
- First, you must understand that if the Samsung smart TV does not connect to the network, there may be several reasons. From a bad Internet connection to an outdated firmware, there are several reasons for this problem to occur. So, if your Samsung TV does not connect to Wi-Fi, then you must follow the basic troubleshooting steps to solve the problem.
- But if nothing seems to work and you need an immediate response to solve this problem, contact the technical support team for help and support.
- Solutions to solve Samsung Smart TV will not connect to the WiFi problem
- Now, let’s analyze in detail the solutions that can help solve the problem with the Samsung smart TV. Here are the troubleshooting solutions discussed in detail
Try Restarting the Samsung Smart TV
- One of the easiest steps that can help solve the connectivity problem with the Samsung smart TV. Sometimes, a quick system reboot is all you need to solve problems with the smart TV. So, let’s analyze the steps you can take to solve the connectivity problem with the Samsung TV.
- Turn off the Smart TV and disconnect the plug from the power supply. Now, wait a few minutes.
- You can also turn off the TV using the remote control and then disconnect the plug from the device.
- You can wait for a while and then let the device reboot.
- You may be asked to enter the Wi-Fi password.
- Now, you can check if this helps repair the Samsung TV does not connect to Wi-Fi. However, if this does not work, you must follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below.
Try restarting the WiFi router
Another common reason for the Samsung smart TV not to connect to Wi-Fi is due to a problem in the Internet connection. For smart TV to work properly, it is important to have a good Internet connection speed. This means that if you face network problems, it is the result of a bad Internet connection.
- Turn off the router and then wait at least 10 minutes.
- Now, turn on the router and check if the problem is resolved. Usually, a quick power cycle can help troubleshoot Wi-Fi connectivity.
If this does not work, you can try to fix the Wi-Fi connection by changing the wireless network to a wired one. You can use an Ethernet cable connection and use it for the wired network.
Change DNS settings
If the Samsung smart TV does not connect to Wi-Fi, then there is a possibility that the DNS settings of the Samsung smart TV may not be configured correctly with the router. And as a result, the Smart TV cannot connect to the router. You can follow these steps to reconfigure the DNS settings.
- Choose the Roku device menu option and then navigate to the configuration option.
- In the configuration option, you must select the network option.
- Now, choose the start button and select the IP settings here.
- Here you must choose the DNS mode and also mark the green mark in manual mode.
- Now type “8888” and select the ok option here.
- If the DNS setting is the reason why the Samsung smart TV does not connect to Wi-Fi, then the problem will be solved by following the steps mentioned above.
- Update the Software of the Samsung Smart TV
It is a common rule if you want any device to work properly, it is very important to update the software. Similarly, for smart TVs to work without any problems, you must update the firmware software from time to time. If you do not, you will have to face connectivity problems with your Samsung smart TV. So, if you want the Samsung smart TV not to connect to the Wi-Fi problem to solve it, you must update the software, this is how you can do it.
- First, make sure which model of Samsung smart TV you are using.
- Then open a web browser and select the correct model of your Samsung smart TV.
- Then add the downloaded file to a USB and connect it to the smart TV.
- Now, take the remote control and open the menu.
- Then go to the support option and click on update the software.
- Now, follow the instructions on the screen and choose the options accordingly.
- Try connecting the smart TV to the Wi-Fi connection to verify if the problem is resolved or not.
Samsung Smart TV does not connect to WiFi | How to fix the error?
Samsung is a well-known multinational company that is popular in the market due to its electronic products such as smart TVs, mobile phones and much more. Speaking of smart TVs Samsung has some of the most popular and high quality smart TVs. The elegant Samsung high-tech smart TV is a must in our lives. They just make TV worth watching. The Samsung smart TV has some of the most amazing features, such as Wi-Fi connectivity.
Samsung Smart TV does not connect to WiFi | Samsung TV does not connect to WiFi
Samsung is a world-famous South Korean company known for its wide range of electronic products such as televisions, mobile phones, appliances and much more. Speaking of Samsung smart TV, they come with one of the best features like Wi-Fi connectivity, Bluetooth option and much more. Thanks to technology, smart TVs are getting bigger and better with each passing year.
Why does the Samsung TV not connect to WiFi 2020?
Then, before starting with troubleshooting solutions, you should consider questions such as why my Samsung TV does not connect to WiFi. Therefore, you should understand that the problem may arise due to several reasons. Here are some of the most common reasons for the Wi-Fi connection error on your Samsung smart TV:
DNS configuration: Many times, if the configuration of the DNS configuration is not successful, it can cause connectivity problems between the router and the smart TV. You must change the settings to avoid connectivity problems on Smart TV.
Outdated firmware: Samsung smart TV firmware must be updated to the latest version for the TV to function properly.
Mac address lock: Any device that connects to Wi-Fi uses a particular address. However, if that address is blocked, the smart TV will not connect to the Internet and, as a result, Internet connection problems may arise from the Samsung TV.
Common errors and errors: Many users go through common errors and errors of Samsung TV in which network connection errors can occur.
These are the most common reasons that can cause the Samsung smart TV not to connect to the WiFi problem. You can always contact Samsung Smart TV technical experts to solve problems related to the Wi-Fi connection.
Why Samsung Smart TV does not connect to WiFi?
Samsung TV does not connect to WiFi-Smart TV is an amazing device that allows you to watch all kinds of content using the wireless network. You can enjoy watching TV shows on Netflix, stream videos on YouTube and do much more with your Smart TV. And the best part is that the Smart TV can connect to the Internet, allowing you to use it to watch all kinds of content on the Internet and correct if Samsung Smart TV does not connect to WiFi.
However, like any other device that works primarily on the Internet, even the problem of Smart TV. In fact, Samsung TV does not connect to WiFi is one of the most common problems faced by many users on a daily basis. If you are one of them, do not worry as we help you solve this problem.
Troubleshoot Samsung TV Won’t Connect to WiFi Problem
Is there a problem with your Samsung Smart TV that does not connect to Wi-Fi? Your smart TV cannot connect to the Wi-Fi network? Then, do not panic and read the steps mentioned below for help if the Samsung TV does not connect to Wi-Fi.
How to troubleshoot TV problems Samsung does not connect to WiFi problems?
Now, you know the reasons why the Samsung TV does not connect to Wi-Fi. Let’s discuss some of the basic troubleshooting solutions that can help solve Wi-Fi connectivity problems on Samsung TVs.
Restart Samsung TV
The Samsung smart TV will not connect to WiFi, do not worry, because this problem can be easily solved. The first thing to do to solve this problem is to restart or restart the smart TV. Many times, if smart TVs can find some errors and errors. To solve the problem, you can try restarting the TV.
- Turn on the Samsung smart TV and wait at least five minutes for it to run.
- Now, remove the plugs from the smart TV and turn it off. Note that you do not have to turn off the smart TV with the remote control.
- Wait at least half an hour and then the plug-in to restart the smart TV.
- If you requested to enter the Wi-Fi password, add it and verify if the problem is solved or not.
Restart the Wi-Fi router
Another reason why Samsung TV does not connect to Wi-Fi is if the DNS settings are not configured correctly. And as a result, the router may be blocking the wi-fi connection for the Samsung smart TV.
- Turn off the router
- Wait at least 15 minutes and then turn on the router.
- Then, wait for the Internet settings to be configured with the router. Now, connect the smart TV to the router and see if the connection is established.
- This process will help solve if Samsung TV does not connect to WiFi
- Change the internet connection
- If you are facing a Samsung smart TV, it will not connect to WiFi because the Mac address is blocked. Then the router will not connect to the Samsung smart TV. So, this problem can be solved very easily.
- Turn on the TV and go to the setup menu.
- Then turn on the access point on your mobile phone.
- Now, you will see the list of connections, connect to the network and see if the problem is solved.
- If the problem persists, you can contact Samsung TV technical experts for a quick solution.
- Update the firmware for Samsung Smart TV
The Samsung smart TV must be updated to the latest updated firmware; otherwise, the Samsung TV will no longer connect to WiFi. If you have a problem with the Internet connection, check the firmware of the smart TV and update it immediately.
- Go to the Samsung TV website and then select the smart TV model.
- Then select the download option and wait.
- Then use and USB to connect to the TV and navigate to the menu.
- Then select the option for a software update.
- Then select the USB option.
- Select the ok option when the new installed update option appears on the screen.
- Now connect to the Wi-Fi network to see that the Samsung smart TV does not connect to the Wi-Fi network.
These are some of the troubleshooting solutions you can follow if Samsung Smart TV continues to lose Internet connection. It is quite common to experience problems with the smart TV, but if you face these problems every day, contact the technical experts. They guide you and provide you with a technical solution and experience to repair the Samsung TV will not connect to the Wi-Fi error so you can enjoy watching your favorite shows.
Samsung TV does not connect to WiFi | Samsung Smart TV does not connect to WiFi
Therefore, the first thing to do when a problem arises with the Samsung TV is not to connect to Wi-Fi is to check the internet. Usually, a problem in the Internet connection or weak Wi-Fi signals is the main reason behind this problem.
You should try to solve the problem of Samsung smart TV that does not connect to Wi-Fi by restarting the smart TV. You should check the menu of the smart TV that has the option to restart. In other cases, you must manually restart the smart TV.
If not, solve the problem of the Samsung TV will not connect to Wi-Fi, and then there are chances of having a problem on the router. In this case, you must restart the router. If you need more help with the router problem, contact the technical support team for help.
Check the Bandwidth of the Wi-Fi Network
Some content that you want to transmit on the smart TV requires a large bandwidth. Also, if there are many devices that use the same network, it can reduce bandwidth and cause buffering problems. Therefore, depending on the Internet connection you are using, you may experience a problem with the Internet. You can try updating your Internet plan so you can solve the problem that the Samsung smart TV does not connect to the WiFi.
Update the firmware
Many times, outdated firmware can cause problems with the wireless network and, as a result, your smart TV may not be able to connect to the network. Therefore, you need to update the firmware. Contact your technical support team to find out if you need a firmware update and how to install the latest firmware to solve the problem of the Samsung TV will not connect to Wi-Fi.
The factory reset of the Samsung TV does not connect to WiFi
If the solutions mentioned above cannot solve the problem of Samsung TV It will not connect to WiFi, then the only option left is the factory reset of the smart TV. Remember that the factory reset will change the settings and also erase all data stored in the Smart TV memory. Depending on the smart TV, the factory reset steps are different. Therefore, contact your technical support team so they can guide you through the factory reset steps for your Smart TV.
If the Samsung Smart TV does not connect to WiFi is the problem you are facing, the steps mentioned above can help you solve this problem.