Do you want to remove Yahoo search permanently?
Then you just landed up at the right place!
Here is a simple guide for your question: “how to remove Yahoo search permanently”?
No doubt that Yahoo is a prominent search engine today with more than 225 million dynamic clients but in some instances it becomes vital to remove Yahoo search on your browser. So, here I have gathered some facile steps through which you can remove Yahoo search on different web browsers
How to remove Yahoo Search from Chrome browser?
If Yahoo is a default search engine on your Google chrome and you wish to switch to another search engine like Google, Bing etc, then follow some elementary steps below to remove Yahoo Search from Google Chrome:
Step 1: Start by Opening the Google chrome browser on your PC.
Step 2: Go to settings under the three-dot icon in the upper right corner.
Step3: Now tap on the search engine tab at the left panel, scroll down the screen and select Manage search engines under the head Search engine.
Step4: Locate Yahoo from the list of search engines and right-click on the three vertical dots, located on the right side and select the option ”Remove from the list”. Yahoo will be deleted from your Google chrome.
How to remove Yahoo Search from the Safari browser?
Step1: Launch the Safari web browser on your Mac or iPad.
Step2: Then click on the Safari tab at the top left corner and select Preferences from the drop-down list.
Step3: Now click on theAdvanced tab and proceed to click on “change settings” in proxies.
Step4: Select”Auto Proxy Discovery” from a list of protocol for configuration and click ok.
Step5: Then, close the browser, open it and proceed to Preferences again.
Step6: Select the General tab and change the homepage from yahoo to another search engine let’s say Google and ensure that New windows open with Homepage.
Step7: Then move to the Search tab under Preferences and choose a different search engine from the drop-down list.
Step8: At last, close your browser and re-open to check whether the changes are done or not.
If unable to remove Yahoo search, contact our support team available for your assistance.
What is the process to remove Yahoo Search from the Mozilla Firefox browser?
- Visit the home page of Mozilla Firefox and locate the search engine bar at the center top.
- Click on the list of search engines and select “Manage search engines”
- Then choose Yahoo from the list of installed search engines and click on the Remove tab
- Press ok to confirm and Yahoo is permanently removed from your installed search engines list.
- View the Run dialogue box by pressing thewindows+Rkey together
- Then open the uninstaller window by typing “appwiz. cpl” in the given space
- Now, tap on “Search Provided by Yahoo” in the Programs and Features window and select the change/uninstall option and tap yes to confirm.
- Finally, Yahoo search will be removed from Mozilla Firefox. You can contact our support team if you face any issue in these steps.