Norton does not work after the Windows update: without a doubt, Norton is the best antivirus software available in the market at the moment. It offers complete security against online threats, malicious attacks and viruses. It is one of the most used software to protect the computer; it is also available for Windows and Mac.
Internet is widely used these days, whether for social networks or online transactions, so cyber attacks and data breaches are very common these days. Using the Internet is very risky, since it is just one click, one download. Fix the problem that Norton does not work after the Windows update.
How to deal with Norton that does not work after the Windows update?
Norton is one of the most effective antiviruses on the market that limits the malicious use of hackers. You can easily install Norton software on your Windows PC and make sure the device is protected against cyber threats and malicious attacks. However, it is also important to periodically update Norton software so that the antivirus works correctly and detects the latest viruses and spyware. But many users complain that Norton does not work after the Windows update. It is a very common problem that Windows users must face. But don’t worry, since this problem can be easily solved by following the troubleshooting solutions.
However, if you face that Norton does not work after the Windows update problem regularly, then you need to find a technical solution to solve the problem. Contact Norton’s technical support team for help and guidance.
Quick fixes to fix Norton does not work after Windows update option
If you have problems with Norton antivirus software, don’t worry, since we have a complete guide that can help you solve the problem.
Get Norton Power Eraser
The Norton Energy Eraser is an amazing tool that uses the rating of the cloud application to scan the computer. This helps in the detection of viruses and malware. If you want to use this tool, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, download and install the Norton Power Eraser tool on your system.
- Then open the folder where the file is downloaded and run the file for the software.
- Be sure to read the terms and conditions of the software and then select the yes option.
- Open the Norton Power draft file and then select the option that says scan for risk.
- Now, the Norton Power draft will complete a default scan.
- Once the scan is done, make the necessary changes and restart the personal computer.
Reinstall Norton Antivirus software
Many times, the best solution to solve problems like Norton that does not work after the Windows update is to reinstall the antivirus software. You can follow these steps to complete the uninstallation of the software and then reinstall it.
- Download and install the Norton software and then remove the previous software.
- Then select the Norton software file.
- Then select the option to remove and reinstall the software.
- As soon as the software is uninstalled, you can reinstall the Norton software.
If you have any problems uninstalling and reinstalling Norton software, get help from the technical support team.
Disable Windows Defender
When talking about antivirus problems, Norton does not work after the Windows update is a common problem that users must face. Usually, the problem is due to the built-in Windows defender and the Norton antivirus suite. Once you install Norton antivirus software on your PC, the Windows defender must be disabled; otherwise, it will not work correctly. Usually, if both antivirus programs work simultaneously, one or the other will simply not work correctly.
Try running Norton as an administrator
If Norton does not work after the Windows update, it is best to use Norton using the administrator. You must have access to the administrator on your PC. Follow these steps to complete Norton execution as an administrator.
- Go to the folder where Norton software is installed.
- Right click on the file and then open the properties.
- Then select the compatibility option and then run this program as an administrator.
Get the solution from the experts
If you still face that Norton does not work after the Windows update problem, you should get help from Norton experts. Technical support tea has the knowledge and skills to solve your problem in a short time.