Roku is an amazing streaming service that you can use to stream multiple online contents such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Video and much more. The Roku device can be connected to the Internet using an Ethernet cable or a wireless network. However, the problem can be quite frustrating as it will completely hinder the use of Roku. There may be several reasons why Roku does not connect to Wi-Fi. However, we will do our best to solve this problem.
Steps to resolve that Roku does not connect to WiFi
You can follow these steps if the Roku does not connect to WiFi. Be sure to verify that the Internet connection speed is correct before beginning these steps.
Login with the router
You should know that each router has an IP address. You must copy and paste the IP address in the web browser. You will be asked to enter the router login page. By default, the password must be “password.” However, if the password has changed, you should contact the experts for help.
Reset the Roku
Resetting the Roku to the default settings will allow you to configure Roku in a similar way to how you bought it. If Roku does not connect to WiFi is the problem, then you can fix it by resetting the Roku to its default values. Most of the time this step can help to solve problems related to the connection.
- Turn on the Roku device and then press the “start” button.
- Now, go to the settings and then choose the system. And then go to the advanced settings and select it.
- Here you will see a list of options where you must select the factory reset.
- Contact the team of technical experts if you do not see a four-digit code.
- Now, wait until the restart process is complete. If the reset cannot be completed, be sure to contact the experts for help and technical support.
These steps will help you if your Roku does not connect to Wi-Fi.
Try changing the location of the Roku
Sometimes, the Roku does not connect to Wi-Fi, there is a problem with the Wi-Fi connection, but because it is not located in the right place
First, try changing the channel, maybe there is a problem with the channel. The next thing you should do is change the location of the Roku. Try moving the Roku device to a place that you think is capable of receiving strong Wi-Fi signals. Also, check for wireless phones or wireless devices that may interfere with Roku connectivity with Wi-Fi.
Full reset of the Roku device
- The full reset is another way to solve that Roku does not connect to the Wifi problem. If you want to solve this problem, you can follow these steps.
- Turn on the Roku device.
- You should look for the reset button on the Roku device and then press it. If you cannot find the reset button, you can get help from Roku technicians.
- Finally, you must restart the device.
Is Roku causing the problem?
If these steps mentioned above cannot solve the wireless connectivity problem, then there is a good chance that the Roku device is not the reason that “Roku does not connect to Wi-Fi.” Especially, if the Roku suddenly stopped working, then Roku may not be because of the problem. In this scenario, you can try other troubleshooting solutions that can solve the problem related to the Internet connection.
Roku does not connect to Wi-Fi | What else can you do?
These are some of the basic steps that can help you when Roku cannot connect to the wireless network. Although these steps are usually useful to solve the problem that Roku does not connect to Wi-Fi. But, many times, the reason for the problem can be completely different. Therefore, you need a more technical approach to solve the problem.